Proper hearing aid care is essential to preserving your newfound hearing and looked after properly a hearing aid will work reliably for many years. It simply takes are a few simple considerations to keep your hearing aid in optimal shape for years to come.
- Do not attempt to repair or augment your hearing aids in any way. Leave this to your audiologist.
- DON’T spray hairspray or perfumes while wearing your hearing aids – this can damage the microphone and erode the case or faceplate.
- DON’T store your batteries or hearing aids within reach of small children or pets. Swallowing a battery is a true medical emergency, and many children and pets die each year from eating batteries.
- DON’T let your hearing aids get wet. Do not store them in the bathroom during a bath or shower and do not wear while swimming or receiving spa and salon treatments. Moisture from the steam can damage your instruments quickly.
- DON’T store your aids for any extended time with the batteries inside – they can leak and corrode the instrument.
Remember, looking for your hearing device is easy once you get the hang of it. Good daily care and maintenance of your hearing devices will help keep your hearing aids in tip-top condition and ensure that you get the very most from them.